Religion and Social Work Conference
The Social Work Department of Nyack College and the National Association of Social Workers NASW) New York Chapter Hudson Valley Division will co-host a Religion & Social Work conference June 8, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY. The full-day conference gather social work professionals and students to gain a better understanding of the Jewish, Islamic, and Christian religions to better assist their clients.
Guest speakers will be the following:
On Christianity: Dr. Mike Gerhardt, senior pastor of New Beginnings in Poughkeepsie, NY. Dr. Gerhardt is a former corporate accountant who later earned his Masters of Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary and then became an associate pastor of the Chinese Christian Church over the English speaking service.
On Judaism: Ms. Carl H. King, earned a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University’s School of Social Work and a Masters in Jewish Studies from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America (JTSA). She is the senior clinician in the student counseling center of JTSA and a coordinator of the Jewish Family Life Education Program.
On Islam: Mr. Azeem Farooki is a board member and trustee of the Islamic Center of Rockland in Valley Cottage, NY. He provides translation services for the Urdu language in New York State Unified Court System and New Jersey Judiciary.
Click here to register online or for additional information, contact Laura Eastman Follis, LCSW, Hudson Valley Division Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>