Nyack Honorary Doctorates to Steve Forbes and Michael Louis
The Nyack/ATS campus community looks forward to the tradition of baccalaureate, hooding, and graduation ceremonies next month (Details here).
This year the May 5 commencement ceremony will attract podium guests from major sectors of society—business, media, Christian music, and church leadership.
Speakers at the 129th commencement ceremony for college and seminary graduates will be Mr. Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media and Mr. Michael Louis, chairman of Hotels, Vineyards, and Strategic Initiatives for The Louis Group International of South Africa.
Nearly 700 undergraduate and graduates candidates will receive degrees at the 4,400-seat auditorium of the Westchester County Center at 198 Central Ave in White Plains, NY. Both Mr. Louis and Mr. Forbes will receive the honorary Doctor of Laws degree. Grammy and Dove award winner for Christian music, Mrs.Gloria Gaither will receive the Doctor of Music and senior pastor of Queens Herald Church, Rev. Stanley Kwong will receive the Doctor of Letters.
The four honorary doctorate recipients will be inducted into the President’s Hall of Distinction at a private pre-commencement brunch at the Tarrytown House Estate. For more information on commencement honorary degree recipients, click here.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>