NYACK NYC Campus Prof Celebrates a Dove Award Win
Professor Mary Carey, adjunct vocal instructor at the Nyack New York City campus, informed the campus community of great news: the Christ Tabernacle Choir led by her husband, Rev. Steve Carey, won a Dove Award recently for the song, “Hold On,” in the Traditional Gospel Song of the Year category.
The song is from the choir’s latest CD Change the Atmosphere. This was the fifth time the choir has been nominated for a Dove award and a first time win. Mary Carey is a conductor and soloist for the choir.
The Gospel Music Association (GMA) produced the Dove Awards show, a now 43-year-old tradition that celebrates contemporary Christian and Gospel music. The event place in Atlanta, GA on April 19 at The Fox Theatre and will be televised on the Gospel Music Channel on April 24.
Congratulations to the Careys and the Christ Tabernacle Choir!
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>