Dean Wanda Velez Speaker for Metro CMA Women's Retreat
This weekend Mrs. Wanda Velez, Dean of Students on Nyack’s Rockland County campus, will be the keynote speaker at the C&MA Metro District’s Womens Spring Retreat at The Inn at Pocono Manor. The theme for the April 20-22 gathering is “Woman of Worth: Tell Your Story.”
Dean Velez is a 1996 graduate of Nyack College and a 2001 graduate of Alliance Theological Seminary. In addition to her relationship with the institution as student and alumna, she has worn several hats as an employee. In the Office of Advancement, she served as Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events for Nyack/ATS and has also been on the Student Development staff, first as a Residence Director before taking on the role of Director of Residence Life. In addition, for the past three summers she has served as a consultant for The Salvation Army’s Star Lake Camp, providing leadership development and staff training.
The retreat includes worship, ministry of the Word, small group prayer, and buffet meals. Free time can be used for shopping, sightseeing or use of the resort amenities including pool & spa and exercising. This is a getaway you don't want to miss. For more information click here.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>