Dean Wanda Velez Speaker for Metro CMA Women's Retreat
This weekend Mrs. Wanda Velez, Dean of Students on Nyack’s Rockland County campus, will be the keynote speaker at the C&MA Metro District’s Womens Spring Retreat at The Inn at Pocono Manor. The theme for the April 20-22 gathering is “Woman of Worth: Tell Your Story.”
Dean Velez is a 1996 graduate of Nyack College and a 2001 graduate of Alliance Theological Seminary. In addition to her relationship with the institution as student and alumna, she has worn several hats as an employee. In the Office of Advancement, she served as Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events for Nyack/ATS and has also been on the Student Development staff, first as a Residence Director before taking on the role of Director of Residence Life. In addition, for the past three summers she has served as a consultant for The Salvation Army’s Star Lake Camp, providing leadership development and staff training.
The retreat includes worship, ministry of the Word, small group prayer, and buffet meals. Free time can be used for shopping, sightseeing or use of the resort amenities including pool & spa and exercising. This is a getaway you don't want to miss. For more information click here.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>