Nyack Students Volunteer With United Way
Nyack College students were among the 150 student volunteers from local colleges who were involved with The United Way of Rockland’s “Day of Caring” to help non-profit organizations get their spring cleaning done on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The day began with a luncheon ceremony to thank participating agencies, volunteers, and sponsors before the teams headed out to a day of work.
Nyack College students volunteered at two locations. Fifteen students were at Children of Promise Stables, a riding stable in Nanuet, NY for children aged 13 - 18 with disabilities. The students helped prepare for the riding season that began on April 1. They painted fences, cleared brush, and cleaned out the stables. Another group of 15 Nyack College students worked at the Clausland Meadows in Orangetown, a nature preserve donated to the town. The students cut back overgrown bushes and cleared away dead vegetation and winter growth.
Mr. Win Perry, president of the Historical Society of the Nyacks, sent kudos and photos to the Nyack campus applauding the wonderful work the students completed. He shared, "I led a work party of 15 Nyack College students on a work party sponsored by United Way. We cleared brush from an old meadow in the Bradley Park west of the College to make it more attractive to bluebirds and others who like open fields. The students were great. They sang, prayed, and cut brambles. Note the difference before and after!"
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>