Nyack Students Volunteer With United Way
Nyack College students were among the 150 student volunteers from local colleges who were involved with The United Way of Rockland’s “Day of Caring” to help non-profit organizations get their spring cleaning done on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The day began with a luncheon ceremony to thank participating agencies, volunteers, and sponsors before the teams headed out to a day of work.
Nyack College students volunteered at two locations. Fifteen students were at Children of Promise Stables, a riding stable in Nanuet, NY for children aged 13 - 18 with disabilities. The students helped prepare for the riding season that began on April 1. They painted fences, cleared brush, and cleaned out the stables. Another group of 15 Nyack College students worked at the Clausland Meadows in Orangetown, a nature preserve donated to the town. The students cut back overgrown bushes and cleared away dead vegetation and winter growth.
Mr. Win Perry, president of the Historical Society of the Nyacks, sent kudos and photos to the Nyack campus applauding the wonderful work the students completed. He shared, "I led a work party of 15 Nyack College students on a work party sponsored by United Way. We cleared brush from an old meadow in the Bradley Park west of the College to make it more attractive to bluebirds and others who like open fields. The students were great. They sang, prayed, and cut brambles. Note the difference before and after!"
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>