Nyack Students Volunteer With United Way
Nyack College students were among the 150 student volunteers from local colleges who were involved with The United Way of Rockland’s “Day of Caring” to help non-profit organizations get their spring cleaning done on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The day began with a luncheon ceremony to thank participating agencies, volunteers, and sponsors before the teams headed out to a day of work.
Nyack College students volunteered at two locations. Fifteen students were at Children of Promise Stables, a riding stable in Nanuet, NY for children aged 13 - 18 with disabilities. The students helped prepare for the riding season that began on April 1. They painted fences, cleared brush, and cleaned out the stables. Another group of 15 Nyack College students worked at the Clausland Meadows in Orangetown, a nature preserve donated to the town. The students cut back overgrown bushes and cleared away dead vegetation and winter growth.
Mr. Win Perry, president of the Historical Society of the Nyacks, sent kudos and photos to the Nyack campus applauding the wonderful work the students completed. He shared, "I led a work party of 15 Nyack College students on a work party sponsored by United Way. We cleared brush from an old meadow in the Bradley Park west of the College to make it more attractive to bluebirds and others who like open fields. The students were great. They sang, prayed, and cut brambles. Note the difference before and after!"
- SEPT 28: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Browse Blog Archive>>