Nyack Students Volunteer With United Way
Nyack College students were among the 150 student volunteers from local colleges who were involved with The United Way of Rockland’s “Day of Caring” to help non-profit organizations get their spring cleaning done on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The day began with a luncheon ceremony to thank participating agencies, volunteers, and sponsors before the teams headed out to a day of work.
Nyack College students volunteered at two locations. Fifteen students were at Children of Promise Stables, a riding stable in Nanuet, NY for children aged 13 - 18 with disabilities. The students helped prepare for the riding season that began on April 1. They painted fences, cleared brush, and cleaned out the stables. Another group of 15 Nyack College students worked at the Clausland Meadows in Orangetown, a nature preserve donated to the town. The students cut back overgrown bushes and cleared away dead vegetation and winter growth.
Mr. Win Perry, president of the Historical Society of the Nyacks, sent kudos and photos to the Nyack campus applauding the wonderful work the students completed. He shared, "I led a work party of 15 Nyack College students on a work party sponsored by United Way. We cleared brush from an old meadow in the Bradley Park west of the College to make it more attractive to bluebirds and others who like open fields. The students were great. They sang, prayed, and cut brambles. Note the difference before and after!"
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Browse Blog Archive>>