Nyack Students Volunteer With United Way
Nyack College students were among the 150 student volunteers from local colleges who were involved with The United Way of Rockland’s “Day of Caring” to help non-profit organizations get their spring cleaning done on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The day began with a luncheon ceremony to thank participating agencies, volunteers, and sponsors before the teams headed out to a day of work.
Nyack College students volunteered at two locations. Fifteen students were at Children of Promise Stables, a riding stable in Nanuet, NY for children aged 13 - 18 with disabilities. The students helped prepare for the riding season that began on April 1. They painted fences, cleared brush, and cleaned out the stables. Another group of 15 Nyack College students worked at the Clausland Meadows in Orangetown, a nature preserve donated to the town. The students cut back overgrown bushes and cleared away dead vegetation and winter growth.
Mr. Win Perry, president of the Historical Society of the Nyacks, sent kudos and photos to the Nyack campus applauding the wonderful work the students completed. He shared, "I led a work party of 15 Nyack College students on a work party sponsored by United Way. We cleared brush from an old meadow in the Bradley Park west of the College to make it more attractive to bluebirds and others who like open fields. The students were great. They sang, prayed, and cut brambles. Note the difference before and after!"
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- OCT 29 & 31: Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Browse Blog Archive>>