Nyack Students Volunteer With United Way
Nyack College students were among the 150 student volunteers from local colleges who were involved with The United Way of Rockland’s “Day of Caring” to help non-profit organizations get their spring cleaning done on Friday, March 30, 2012.
The day began with a luncheon ceremony to thank participating agencies, volunteers, and sponsors before the teams headed out to a day of work.
Nyack College students volunteered at two locations. Fifteen students were at Children of Promise Stables, a riding stable in Nanuet, NY for children aged 13 - 18 with disabilities. The students helped prepare for the riding season that began on April 1. They painted fences, cleared brush, and cleaned out the stables. Another group of 15 Nyack College students worked at the Clausland Meadows in Orangetown, a nature preserve donated to the town. The students cut back overgrown bushes and cleared away dead vegetation and winter growth.
Mr. Win Perry, president of the Historical Society of the Nyacks, sent kudos and photos to the Nyack campus applauding the wonderful work the students completed. He shared, "I led a work party of 15 Nyack College students on a work party sponsored by United Way. We cleared brush from an old meadow in the Bradley Park west of the College to make it more attractive to bluebirds and others who like open fields. The students were great. They sang, prayed, and cut brambles. Note the difference before and after!"
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>