Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
"Health and Science Awareness” was the theme of the first Nyack College Student Research Conference on Thursday, March 29 in Bowman Gymnasium on the Nyack College Rockland County campus. The event was chaired by Dr. Jacqueline Washington head of Nyack’s biology and chemistry department and co-sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda.
Distinguished plenary speakers were Dr. David Freed, president of Nyack Hospital and Dr. Mark Wade, president of Arise and Walk Ministries Foundation. Commenting about the work of Nyack’s undergraduate presenters, Dr. David Freed of Nyack Hospital commented, “The posters are as good as graduate school work. I’m amazed at how deeply the dove into the topics. This is usually seen at higher levels of education. They really got to all the important touch points.”
Over 85 Nyack students participated in the event and faculty judges reviewed their posters The winners were as follows:
1st place: Vinny Jacopino and Marvin Salvatore (pictured above with Dr. Washington) for "Picture a World Without Color"
2nd place: Kristen Naylor and Joelle Blanck for "Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever"
3rd place: Kassondra Ford and Tahira Abdullah for "Harlequen Icthyosis: A Deadly Skin Armor"
Honorable mention went to Chinwe Uchendu for " Awareness of the Silent Killer" and to Jessica Cottings and Nina Muldrow for "The Consequences of Sleep Deprivation.”
Congratulations to the winners and all participants for a successful event!
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>