Dr. Vilma Balmaceda Featured in April Lecture Series at Nyack Library
The Nyack Library will host another Nyack College professor in its new Spring Lecture Series at the branch located at 59 South Broadway in Nyack, NY on Monday, April 23 beginning at 12 noon.
"Restorative Justice: Confronting the Limitations of the Criminal Justice System," will be the topic addressed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, (pictured above) director of Nyack College's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement. The lecture series is presented in the library's Community/Meeting Room.
Dr. Balmaceda specializes in the areas of comparative politics of Latin America; international human rights law, and conflict resolution and peacebuilding. She earned her Ph.D. in political science at University of Notre Dame du Lac, where she also earned an MA in government and international studies and an MA in international peace studies. Her undergraduate degree in law was earned at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
For more information on the lectures, contact the library at 845.358.3370 or visit www.nyacklibrary.org.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>