Dr. Vilma Balmaceda Featured in April Lecture Series at Nyack Library
The Nyack Library will host another Nyack College professor in its new Spring Lecture Series at the branch located at 59 South Broadway in Nyack, NY on Monday, April 23 beginning at 12 noon.
"Restorative Justice: Confronting the Limitations of the Criminal Justice System," will be the topic addressed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, (pictured above) director of Nyack College's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement. The lecture series is presented in the library's Community/Meeting Room.
Dr. Balmaceda specializes in the areas of comparative politics of Latin America; international human rights law, and conflict resolution and peacebuilding. She earned her Ph.D. in political science at University of Notre Dame du Lac, where she also earned an MA in government and international studies and an MA in international peace studies. Her undergraduate degree in law was earned at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
For more information on the lectures, contact the library at 845.358.3370 or visit www.nyacklibrary.org.
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>