Dr. Vilma Balmaceda Featured in April Lecture Series at Nyack Library
The Nyack Library will host another Nyack College professor in its new Spring Lecture Series at the branch located at 59 South Broadway in Nyack, NY on Monday, April 23 beginning at 12 noon.
"Restorative Justice: Confronting the Limitations of the Criminal Justice System," will be the topic addressed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, (pictured above) director of Nyack College's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement. The lecture series is presented in the library's Community/Meeting Room.
Dr. Balmaceda specializes in the areas of comparative politics of Latin America; international human rights law, and conflict resolution and peacebuilding. She earned her Ph.D. in political science at University of Notre Dame du Lac, where she also earned an MA in government and international studies and an MA in international peace studies. Her undergraduate degree in law was earned at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
For more information on the lectures, contact the library at 845.358.3370 or visit www.nyacklibrary.org.
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- VOTE for Isamar Lopez in "The Voice" Competition!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>