Dr. Vilma Balmaceda Featured in April Lecture Series at Nyack Library
The Nyack Library will host another Nyack College professor in its new Spring Lecture Series at the branch located at 59 South Broadway in Nyack, NY on Monday, April 23 beginning at 12 noon.
"Restorative Justice: Confronting the Limitations of the Criminal Justice System," will be the topic addressed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, (pictured above) director of Nyack College's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement. The lecture series is presented in the library's Community/Meeting Room.
Dr. Balmaceda specializes in the areas of comparative politics of Latin America; international human rights law, and conflict resolution and peacebuilding. She earned her Ph.D. in political science at University of Notre Dame du Lac, where she also earned an MA in government and international studies and an MA in international peace studies. Her undergraduate degree in law was earned at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
For more information on the lectures, contact the library at 845.358.3370 or visit www.nyacklibrary.org.
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- Browse Blog Archive>>