Spring Play: Knight of the Burning Pestle
Nyack College Rockland will present a production of The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont, a contemporary of William Shakespeare. The play will be directed by Dr. Kevin Pinkham, assistant professor of English, and Brittany Wetherill, student director. Six performances will take place April 13-15 and April 20-22 at Hilltop Auditorium on the Rockland campus. The Friday and Saturday evening shows will run at 7:00 p.m. Sunday matinees will run at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are $5 per student, $10 per non-student.
The Knight of the Burning Pestle is a 17th century comedy that tells the story of a group of actors intending to put on a play about an apprentice merchant who falls in love with his master’s daughter. In an interesting twist, members of the audience have a different plan and would rather see their intern, Rafe, act out his dreams of being a knight on stage.
The Nyack student cast and crew include: Kevin Winkle, Allison Birch, Ben Wallin, Jeremiah Rivera, Simon Song, LeeAnn Mailly, Courtney Soucek, Ayodele Campbell, Eric Cabrera, Christien Jackson, Philip Strangolagalli, Pamela Code, Elizabeth Kendrex, Laura Satre, Stephanie Ginsberg, Mitchell Woodford, Rebecca Grodzki, Kelly Burke, Felicita Ruiz, Audrey King, Hannah Shipman, Brittany Wetherill, Petra Brown, Thanee Xiong, Chelsea Geyer, David Carrera, Brittany Wetherill, Christopher Rafalski, Vanessa Van Tongel, Laura Davis, Wayne Hansen, and Jeremy Fuscaldo.
The Nyack campus community and local residents are welcome to attend. Reserve your ticket(s) by calling 845.675.4420. For additional information, phone 845-675-4526.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>