AGSC Pioneer Dr. Craig Ellison Home With Jesus
The campus community was received news today that Dr. Craig Ellison, founding director of Nyack’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) and a pioneer in the field of Christian counseling, passed away on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.
His beloved wife Sharon said he went home to be with the Lord "in complete Shalom."
In his professional career, Dr. Ellison wore many hats, among them psychology professor, author, clinician, researcher and radio show host (“Perspectives on Personal Living”). He will long be remembered as the patriarchal figure of AGSC—a treasure to students, faculty, and staff.
A graveside service was held for Dr. Ellison today in Holland, MI. The family plans to hold a memorial service later this spring. Additional information will be announced when the family provides details. An obituary will be published in The Journal News this weekend.
Dr. James Chin, an AGSC professor, eloquently wrote about Dr. Ellison in an article that appeared in Nyack’s alumni magazine, The Path (Winter 2009, page 9) on the occasion Dr. Ellison’s retirement. Click here to read Dr. Chin’s touching tribute.
Please keep Mrs. Ellison and the rest of the family in your prayers.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>