Nyack Students Introduced on NY State Assembly Floor
Amanda Padilla, Phillip Strangolagalli, Patrick Almonor, Todd Vester, Shawnja Pratt, Felicita Ruiz, Shaun Jacobs, Christien Jackson and Fernando Arjona were the nine Nyack College students among 900 high school and college students, faculty, and staff from more schools across New York State who attended annual Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany, NY.
During various meetings they attended, students had the opportunity to thank legislators for their continued support of higher education, to voice their concerns about financial aid, and to share their personal stories of how a college education is helping them to fulfill their dreams.
Psychology major Amanda Padilla said, “It was an honor to be introduced on the assembly floor by Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee. It was great to learn how much our government cares about what we stand for.”
The students were accompanied by Nyack staff, Earl Miller, executive director of community relations and Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor.
- SEPT. 30: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- SEPT. 30: LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>