Nyack Students Introduced on NY State Assembly Floor
Amanda Padilla, Phillip Strangolagalli, Patrick Almonor, Todd Vester, Shawnja Pratt, Felicita Ruiz, Shaun Jacobs, Christien Jackson and Fernando Arjona were the nine Nyack College students among 900 high school and college students, faculty, and staff from more schools across New York State who attended annual Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany, NY.
During various meetings they attended, students had the opportunity to thank legislators for their continued support of higher education, to voice their concerns about financial aid, and to share their personal stories of how a college education is helping them to fulfill their dreams.
Psychology major Amanda Padilla said, “It was an honor to be introduced on the assembly floor by Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee. It was great to learn how much our government cares about what we stand for.”
The students were accompanied by Nyack staff, Earl Miller, executive director of community relations and Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor.
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>