Nyack Students Introduced on NY State Assembly Floor
Amanda Padilla, Phillip Strangolagalli, Patrick Almonor, Todd Vester, Shawnja Pratt, Felicita Ruiz, Shaun Jacobs, Christien Jackson and Fernando Arjona were the nine Nyack College students among 900 high school and college students, faculty, and staff from more schools across New York State who attended annual Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany, NY.
During various meetings they attended, students had the opportunity to thank legislators for their continued support of higher education, to voice their concerns about financial aid, and to share their personal stories of how a college education is helping them to fulfill their dreams.
Psychology major Amanda Padilla said, “It was an honor to be introduced on the assembly floor by Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee. It was great to learn how much our government cares about what we stand for.”
The students were accompanied by Nyack staff, Earl Miller, executive director of community relations and Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>