Nyack Students Introduced on NY State Assembly Floor
Amanda Padilla, Phillip Strangolagalli, Patrick Almonor, Todd Vester, Shawnja Pratt, Felicita Ruiz, Shaun Jacobs, Christien Jackson and Fernando Arjona were the nine Nyack College students among 900 high school and college students, faculty, and staff from more schools across New York State who attended annual Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany, NY.
During various meetings they attended, students had the opportunity to thank legislators for their continued support of higher education, to voice their concerns about financial aid, and to share their personal stories of how a college education is helping them to fulfill their dreams.
Psychology major Amanda Padilla said, “It was an honor to be introduced on the assembly floor by Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee. It was great to learn how much our government cares about what we stand for.”
The students were accompanied by Nyack staff, Earl Miller, executive director of community relations and Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>