Nyack Students Introduced on NY State Assembly Floor
Amanda Padilla, Phillip Strangolagalli, Patrick Almonor, Todd Vester, Shawnja Pratt, Felicita Ruiz, Shaun Jacobs, Christien Jackson and Fernando Arjona were the nine Nyack College students among 900 high school and college students, faculty, and staff from more schools across New York State who attended annual Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany, NY.
During various meetings they attended, students had the opportunity to thank legislators for their continued support of higher education, to voice their concerns about financial aid, and to share their personal stories of how a college education is helping them to fulfill their dreams.
Psychology major Amanda Padilla said, “It was an honor to be introduced on the assembly floor by Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee. It was great to learn how much our government cares about what we stand for.”
The students were accompanied by Nyack staff, Earl Miller, executive director of community relations and Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>