Music Profs Are Producers of March 11 Benefit Concert at Palace Theater
Internationally acclaimed vocalists, Joel (bass) and Shelley Jameson (soprano), who are professors at Nyack Rockland’s School of Music, will produce a benefit concert at the Palace Theater located at 80 Hanover Street in Manchester, NH on Sunday, March 11 at 2 p.m. All proceeds from the concert will help their friend, Linda Rainville, a recent recipient of a life-saving lung transplant, with staggering medical expenses that have accumulated as well as the costs of ongoing treatments to support her recovery.
The Jamesons, a dynamic husband and wife team, have graced stages around the globe, among them the Boshoi in Moscow, the Japanese National Theater in Tokyo and Teatro Municipale in Santiago, Chile. They have also performed at Carnegie Hall, New York City Opera, Washington Opera, and Los Angeles Opera. Joining them in concert will be six Nyack College Opera Workshop vocal students: Laurelle Virola, Laura Martinez, Melissa Ruitenberg, Qian Ye, Sam McDonald, and Nyack alumnus, Dan Ansaldo. Dan Maiullo will be the accompanist.
The program will include selections from La Boheme, La Traviata, Romeo and Juliet, The Magic Flute and popular musical theater compositions.
For more information about this charitable outreach, click here. Ticket information is also available at the Palace Theater box office at 603.668.5588.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>