Rockland County Leaders Recognized by Nyack College
Rockland County educators, elected officials, community activists and leaders gathered for the annual Nyack College Social Justice Day luncheon at the Nyack Seaport, where four distinguished Rockland County leaders received the college's 2012 Social Justice Day Award for exemplary service. The honorees were, (pictured above l-r) retired Rockland County Sheriff James Kralik, Drs. Susan and Edmund Gordon of the CEJJES Institute in Pomona, and 95th District Assemblywoman, the Honorable Ellen Jaffee.
Responding to being selected for the honor, Sheriff Kralik said "Of the numerous awards for law enforcement and public safety I have received, I am honored to receive this expression of thanks from such caring people. It is an honor and a joy."
Mrs. Jaffee was delighted "to be in such extraordinary company of honorees." She continued, "I want to attribute any success to people like these who have motivated and inspired me as they respond to issues and care for and advocate for youth."
Among the celebrants was Jessica Gordon Nembhard, daughter of the Gordons, and who with her siblings established the CEJJES Institute in honor of her parents work in education. Clearly proud of her parents, she said they "have spent their whole lives advocating for social justice. I'm proud to see other people recognizing them for their efforts."
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>