Rockland County Leaders Recognized by Nyack College
Rockland County educators, elected officials, community activists and leaders gathered for the annual Nyack College Social Justice Day luncheon at the Nyack Seaport, where four distinguished Rockland County leaders received the college's 2012 Social Justice Day Award for exemplary service. The honorees were, (pictured above l-r) retired Rockland County Sheriff James Kralik, Drs. Susan and Edmund Gordon of the CEJJES Institute in Pomona, and 95th District Assemblywoman, the Honorable Ellen Jaffee.
Responding to being selected for the honor, Sheriff Kralik said "Of the numerous awards for law enforcement and public safety I have received, I am honored to receive this expression of thanks from such caring people. It is an honor and a joy."
Mrs. Jaffee was delighted "to be in such extraordinary company of honorees." She continued, "I want to attribute any success to people like these who have motivated and inspired me as they respond to issues and care for and advocate for youth."
Among the celebrants was Jessica Gordon Nembhard, daughter of the Gordons, and who with her siblings established the CEJJES Institute in honor of her parents work in education. Clearly proud of her parents, she said they "have spent their whole lives advocating for social justice. I'm proud to see other people recognizing them for their efforts."
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- OCT 29 & 31: Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Browse Blog Archive>>