Dr. Andrea Hennessy: New Vice President of Admissions and Marketing
Nyack President-elect Dr. Michael Scales announced that Dr. Andrea Hennessy has been appointed to the position of Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, effective March 1, 2006. Dr. Hennessy has been Assistant Vice President and Dean of the School of Adult and Continuing Education since 2003, overseeing Nyack’s Accelerated Degree Completion Program. During her time as Dean, the School of Adult and Continuing Education developed the College’s new Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, established and launched the Capital District Extension Site in Albany, NY and greatly expanded the College’s online course offerings. Prior to becoming Dean, Dr. Hennessy was the Director of Academic Resources for ADCP. She has taught in the program since 1997. Dr.Hennessy holds the B.A. from American University and the J.D. from RegentUniversity.
As Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, Dr. Hennessy will oversee the admission departments of Alliance Theological Seminary, the graduate and under- graduate programs of the College both in Nyack and New York City, and the non-traditional programs offered through the School of Adult and Continuing Education, including at the extension sites in Dayton, Ohio and Washington, DC. The marketing efforts of the institution will also be under her direction.
During the next several months, Dr. Hennessy will be dividing her time between her new responsibilities and her current ones until a new Dean for the School of Adult and Continuing Education is selected.
Nyack’s newest vice president shared, “After 10 years at Nyack, I am looking forward to shifting my focus from the classroom student to the many potential students. Understanding all that Nyack offers is exciting and energizing; I intend to use my experiences to promote and encourage students to attend Nyack. Students who engage all that Nyack has to offer find their time with us transformational; it is both a blessing and privilege to now serve Nyack in this new position.”
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>