WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
WNYK 88.7FM's October 2017 Alumni Spotlight will feature 1987 Nyack College graduates, Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight, who were on the Rockland County campus for Homecoming celebrating their 30th class reunion.
Stephen and Lauri have spent most of their time in ministry working with youth in Alliance churches. This year, Stephen became the lead pastor at Christian Alliance church in Willard, Ohio. The McKnights were nominated by members of their class for the Alumni of the Year award for their outstanding and dedicated service to The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Tune in to 88.7FM and hear their inspirational story, which will re-air on Friday, October 20 at 5:00 p.m.; Monday, October 23 at 11:00 a.m.; and Thursday, October 26 at 6:00 p.m.
First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
The latest issue of The Forum has been released! This first issue of the new academic year includes a recap of Homecoming 2017, fashion, movie reviews, interviews and other campus news.
The Amasi Trio in Concert
The Amasi Trio, Nyack College School of Music's Trio-in-Residence will perform a concert on Wednesday, October 18 at 12:45 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd. in Nyack.
Members of the trio are Dr. Tammy Lum, piano; Prof. Sungrai Sohn, violin and Dr. Chungsun Kim, cello. They will perform trios by Hummel and Brahms. Learn more about Amasi Trio.
Admission is free.
OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
Movement Day New York City will take place at Bethel Gospel Assembly, 2 E 120th St, New York, NY on Friday, October 20 and Saturday, October 21 hosted by Mac Pier and Rev. Adam Durso. A roster of globally engaged leaders will address issues that face the Church and cities across our nation today.
Speakers include Alliance Theological Seminary alumni, Dr. A.R. Bernard (MPS ’06, MDiv ’09), founder and lead pastor at Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn, NY and Dr. David Ireland (MPS, ’91), founder and lead pastor at Christ Church in Montclair and Rockaway, NJ.
Early bird ticket prices of $59 per person or $50 for groups of five or more are available until Monday, October 9.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the Movement Day NYC website.
OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
Jacob Nevill, (’08) Nyack College School of Music alumnus will be a featured instrumentalist in a GraceMusic concert presented on Saturday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. at Grace Episcopal Church, 130 First Avenue in Nyack, NY.
The program will showcase instrumental, vocal and organ music by two of England’s great composers, Herbert Howells and Ralph Vaughn Williams. Other performers include The Grace Church Choir, Tammy Hensrud, Korliss Uecker and Brandon Beachamp.
Jacob Nevill is also a Nyack College lecturer who teaches He teaches Basic Theory and Introduction to Music Technology. To learn more about Jacob and his accomplishments since graduating from Nyack's School of Music, visit his website.
General admission is $20; seniors, $15 and students, $5. Admission is free for children under 12. For more information visit the Grace Church website or phone 845.358.1297, extension 16.
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Browse Blog Archive>>