TODAY: Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
The Nyack College Business Club will present a Christmas Shopping Event in the lobby of Boon Campus Center on Tuesday, December 1 from noon until 6:00 p.m. A huge selection of gifts will be available...each for the low price of $7! (Cash and credit card sales.)
A percentage of all proceeds will benefit the Business Department's next global service-learning trip to Mexico. Take care of your gift list and support our students as they prepare to serve.
American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
A Journal News letter to the editor from Linda B. Whitehead, president of the American Cancer Society Board of Advisors for Westchester and Rockland Counties, cites Nyack College as one of the top-ranking institutions among 201 New York state colleges and universities surveyed on policies to protect students and employees from the dangers of tobacco.
The goal of the Westchester/Rockland American Cancer Society is to have the Governor and Legislature pass legislation that requires all New York public colleges to be 100 percent tobacco-free.
Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
“Grace Prescriptions,” a two-day event will feature Dr. Walt Larimore and Dr. Bill Peel on Friday, December 4 at 2:00 p.m. and December 5 at 4:00 p.m. hosted by Nyack College and Beacon Christian Community Health Center at the Nyack NYC campus, 2 Washington Street, 21st floor in Manhattan.
These live seminars are designed to teach healthcare professionals, residents, fellows, and full-time students how to share their faith with patients in ways that safeguard the important ethical principles of respect, sensitivity, and permission. Originally taught in CMDA’s popular Saline Solution course, these concepts are proven to be effective as thousands of lives have been transformed. Grace Prescriptions builds on this legacy.
Event sponsors include Redeemer Presbyterian Church and its Center for Faith & Work, Christian Community Health Fellowship, CMDA-NYC, a local chapter of the national Christian Medical and Dental Association and CMDA-Mid Hudson Valley. Alliance Graduate School of Counseling’s own Dr. Elaine Eng (pictured above) is a council member of the Christian Medical and Dental Association of New York who will become co-chair of CMDA in January 2016.
For more information and to register, click here.
December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
All are welcome to enjoy our School of Music vocalists and musicians performing in December concerts on and off campus.
Nyack New York City Campus, 2 Washington Street, Room 2241, New York, NY*
December 3 at 7:00 pm - Collegium Musicum Concert
December 6 - New York City Chorale at Cathedral of St. John the Divine, 1047 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025 4:00 pm Evensong Service. 5:00 pm The Chorale’s performance is immediately following Evensong
December 12 at 3:00 pm - Opera Theater Workshop Performance
December 13 at 6:00 pm - NYC Chorale, Touring Gospel Choir, and Collegium at Calvary Baptist Church, 23 West 57th Street between the Avenue of the Americas and Seventh Avenue, New York
Nyack Rockland County Campus,45 South Boulevard, Pardington Hall, Nyack, NY
December 6 at 8:00 pm Carol & Candlelight
Dr. Glenn Koponen & Ms. Jennifer Scott, Directors
The 67th annual holiday favorite performed by Nyack College’s Handbell Choir, Women’s Chorale, and Brass Ensemble. Seasonal music ranging from classical to contemporary, from carols to spirituals, and carols from England, France, Austria, and the United States will be performed. The program will conclude with a deeply moving Candlelight Ceremony. A free-will offering will be taken to benefit the cost of the annual Carol & Candlelight Tour
December 10 at 8:00 pm Chamberfest Benefit Concert,
Dr. Tammy Lum & Dr. Marie Kenote, Directors
A performance of the upcoming Winterim, “Chamberfest Asia 2016” tour program. This cross-cultural concert program showcases chamber and choral music by Asian and Western composers in the sacred, classical, folk, Broadway, and gospel genres. A free-will offering will be taken to benefit the cost of the tour.
December 11 at 8:00 pm Lessons & Carols
Nyack College Chorale, Prof. Joel Jameson, Director
The Chorale performs a program of traditional lessons and carols. The concert shares the story of the birth of Christ through scripture readings, songs by the Chorale, organ, harp, carol singing, and a special guest performance by Artist in Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson. A free-will offering will be taken to benefit the cost of future chorale tours and special events.
December 15 at 8:00 pm Winter Concert
Nyack College Wind Ensemble and the Nyack College Handbell Choir, Dr. Glenn Koponen & Ms. Jennifer Scott, Directors
Established in 1968, the Wind Ensemble is comprised of students, faculty, and community musicians performing works for concert band under the direction of Dr. Glenn Koponen. Selections by the Nyack Handbell Choir, directed by Jennifer Scott, will also be performed. Free Admission
* NYC campus concerts will be held in Room 2241 unless otherwise noted.
Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
Executive Director of Community Relations Earl Miller and his steering committee (Nilda Aragones, Sheila Keen, Adrianne Garcia, and Dustin Hauser) recently hosted a new cohort of professionals in the Leadership Rockland's Multicultural Communities Day.
Leadership Rockland offers current and emerging leaders comprehensive exposure to the infrastructure of Rockland County, NY. The ten-month program is a series of 11 daylong sessions engaging men and women employed in business, government, and the not-for-profit sectors.
On Multicultural Communities Day, participants began their tour of the County’s diverse populations with a breakfast and seminar at Nyack’s Rockland campus. Other tour stops included the Islamic Center of Rockland for a religious community leaders discussion; the U Noodle Snack Bar to discuss immigrant and migrant communities; and the CEJJES Institute, a cultural and education center for a presentation by the Holocaust Museum & Education Center.
- TODAY: Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>