Nyack College Alumni News
Homegoing of Vivian Eunice Ellison '48
Vivian Eunice Ellison, 86, passed away on June 4, 2013 at Chapel Pointe at Carlisle.
Eunice was born on March 17, 1927 in Winchester, Ontario, Canada. She graduated from The Missionary Training Institute (now Nyack College) in 1948. She received her degree in nursing in 1951, the same year she married her husband, J. Paul Ellison (NC '49).
Eunice and Paul served two five-year terms in Cambodia. In 1966 they were appointed to Dalat where Paul worked on translating Theological Education by Extension (TEE) materials into the Cambodian language. Eunice was involved with the MK students housed there. Due to political unrest, the Ellisons could not return to Cambodia. They continued to help the people of Cambodia via radio programming.
In 2008 Paul went home to be with his Lord. Due to her own health issues, Eunice was not as active in ministry as she would have like but kept up-to-date with her prayer ministry and shared any requests she would receive. She completed a book of "Memoirs" for her family between visits to and from the hospital.
Eunice is survived by a daughter, two sons, and eight grandchildren.
- Rev. Gordon Scott '74
- Homegoing of Muriel Margaret Allinger '40
- Kevin Reece '03 - Wedding Announcement
- Raquel Sanchez Shaffer '03 Welcomes A Baby Boy
- Orlando Suazo '10 Weds Kristen Forsythe '13
- Robert F. Davis '66 and Patricia J. Davis '66
- Rev. Dr. Leo S. Thorn ('73) Received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree
- Homegoing of Dr. William B. Marshall Jr. '46
- Homegoing of Dr. Wade T. Coggins '45
- Homegoing of Vivian Eunice Ellison '48
- Homegoing of June Watson Hunter '51
- Homegoing of Thelma Elaine McGarvey '50
- Homegoing of Rev. T. Robert Brewer '42
- Rebekah April Cockman '01 Weds Ward Reckart
- Homegoing of Rev. Joseph Mahady '57
- Browse Blog Archive>>