Nyack College Alumni News
Homegoing of Arch Leon Gunnett, '52
Arch Leon Gunnett, 83, went home to be with the Lord on July 27, 2012. He passed away peacefully at UPMC Shadyside, Pittsburgh, after a brief illness.
He was born in Williamsburg, son of the late Neff Earl and Edith B. (Vanderpool) Gunnett. He married Young Ja Kim in Seoul, Korea, on April 4, 1955.
Arch graduated from Nyack College in 1952 with a degree in theology. He was a U.S. Army veteran and had worked as a bank manager at First National Bank of Altoona and then various at various banks. He was also a business owner in Philadelphia.
Arch was a lifetime member of Altoona Alliance Church, where he served as treasurer, elder, and Sunday school teacher. He enjoyed playing tennis and gardening and was a volunteer at Altoona Hospital for 15 years.
Surviving are his wife; two sons: David E. of Tyrone and Dennis L. of Altoona; two daughters: Doreen Frances Gagne of Severna Park, MD, and Kimberly A. Marshall and husband, Christopher, of Doylestown; four grandchildren: William and Adam Gunnett and Alex and Laura Gagne; two great-grandchildren: Mary and Nancy Gunnett; three brothers: Willard of Martinsburg, Hubert of Royer and Edwin of Williamsburg; and two sisters: Lois Dempsie in Maryland and Shirley Deter of Duncansville.
Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3, 2012, at The Stevens Mortuary Inc., 1421 Eighth Ave., Altoona. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012, at Stevens Memorial Chapel by Pastor Paul Pease and the Rev. Tim McGarvey. Interment will be held at Alto-Reste Park Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to The Family House-Shadyside, 5245 Center Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15232; or UPMC Shadyside, 5230 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15232, in memory of Arch.
- Rev. Gordon Scott '74
- Homegoing of Muriel Margaret Allinger '40
- Kevin Reece '03 - Wedding Announcement
- Raquel Sanchez Shaffer '03 Welcomes A Baby Boy
- Orlando Suazo '10 Weds Kristen Forsythe '13
- Robert F. Davis '66 and Patricia J. Davis '66
- Rev. Dr. Leo S. Thorn ('73) Received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree
- Homegoing of Dr. William B. Marshall Jr. '46
- Homegoing of Dr. Wade T. Coggins '45
- Homegoing of Vivian Eunice Ellison '48
- Homegoing of June Watson Hunter '51
- Homegoing of Thelma Elaine McGarvey '50
- Homegoing of Rev. T. Robert Brewer '42
- Rebekah April Cockman '01 Weds Ward Reckart
- Homegoing of Rev. Joseph Mahady '57
- Browse Blog Archive>>