Nyack College Alumni News
Homegoing of Elvin P. Jackson, '54
Elvin P. Jackson, 83, of Carlisle, passed away on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at Chapel Pointe of Carlisle.
Born Nov. 10, 1928, in Shinglehouse, PA, a son of the late Paul F. and Winifred Kemp Jackson.
He retired as Director of Dietary Services after six years at Chapel Pointe, Carlisle. He was a 1954 graduate of Nyack College, Nyack, NY. Elvin was Director of Dietary Services for Nyack College from 1953-1986 and also of Lebanon College from 1986-1989. He loved people and cooking. He was a member of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church of Chapel Pointe. He was very active in churches where he lived, including serving as elder and usher. He liked gardening. Elvin began as a farmer working on the family farm and working at Pontiac Garage in Shinglehouse.
Surviving are his wife of 60 years, Wilma (Sickenberger) Jackson (NC '52); three sons, Elvin P. Jackson Jr., of Chesterfield, VA, Robert G. Jackson of Mansfield, OH, and Mark A. Jackson of Orange Park, FL; one daughter, Melodie Jackson of Harrisburg; one sister, Elsie Austin of Corry; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
- Rev. Gordon Scott '74
- Homegoing of Muriel Margaret Allinger '40
- Kevin Reece '03 - Wedding Announcement
- Raquel Sanchez Shaffer '03 Welcomes A Baby Boy
- Orlando Suazo '10 Weds Kristen Forsythe '13
- Robert F. Davis '66 and Patricia J. Davis '66
- Rev. Dr. Leo S. Thorn ('73) Received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree
- Homegoing of Dr. William B. Marshall Jr. '46
- Homegoing of Dr. Wade T. Coggins '45
- Homegoing of Vivian Eunice Ellison '48
- Homegoing of June Watson Hunter '51
- Homegoing of Thelma Elaine McGarvey '50
- Homegoing of Rev. T. Robert Brewer '42
- Rebekah April Cockman '01 Weds Ward Reckart
- Homegoing of Rev. Joseph Mahady '57
- Browse Blog Archive>>