Nyack College Alumni News
Homegoing of Rev. Ray Milton McGarvey, '51
Rev. Ray Milton McGarvey, 88, went home to be with the Lord on March 18, 2012.
Following high school, Ray enlisted in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He then entered the Nyack Missionary Training Institute where he met his wife, Thelma Elaine Laughter. The McGarveys began their ministry with The Christian and Missionary Alliance in 1952. For 30 years Rev. McGarvey pastored churches in North Carolina, Mississippi, and Pennsylvania. They returned to North Carolina where Ray did evangelistic work and pulpit study.
In 1994 Ray and Elaine moved to The Alliance Home (now Chapel Pointe) where they served the Lord and faithfully attended chapel services.
Ray is survived by his wife of 60 years, Elaine; two sons, Daniel and Ronald; a daughter, Beth McGarvey Koziara; 12 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
- Rev. Gordon Scott '74
- Homegoing of Muriel Margaret Allinger '40
- Kevin Reece '03 - Wedding Announcement
- Raquel Sanchez Shaffer '03 Welcomes A Baby Boy
- Orlando Suazo '10 Weds Kristen Forsythe '13
- Robert F. Davis '66 and Patricia J. Davis '66
- Rev. Dr. Leo S. Thorn ('73) Received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree
- Homegoing of Dr. William B. Marshall Jr. '46
- Homegoing of Dr. Wade T. Coggins '45
- Homegoing of Vivian Eunice Ellison '48
- Homegoing of June Watson Hunter '51
- Homegoing of Thelma Elaine McGarvey '50
- Homegoing of Rev. T. Robert Brewer '42
- Rebekah April Cockman '01 Weds Ward Reckart
- Homegoing of Rev. Joseph Mahady '57
- Browse Blog Archive>>