Homegoing of Eric Francis Mang, '93
Lieutenant Commander Eric Francis Mang, 40, died suddenly of a heart attack while on a two-week drill in Japan for the U.S. Navy Reserves.
He received his bachelor's degree in music education with a concentration in french horn from Nyack College in 1993. During his time at Nyack, Eric was very active in his church, playing guitar for the worship band at Simpson Memorial Church.
Eric enlisted for active duty in the United States Navy in 1997. He started his career as a Navy musician. In the summer of 2000, Eric graduated from Officer Candidate School in Pensacola, FL. In spring 2001, he graduated from Surface Warfare Officer School in Rhode Island, and was then assigned to the USS Yorktown and finally to the USS Ticonderoga, among other ships. In the years to come, Eric was stationed around the world in Saudi Arabia as well as Japan and was able to learn several languages.
Eric was best known for his fun loving personality and love for life. He encouraged everyone to be and do the best they could, and taught by his example. He loved his family and looked forward to the times when everyone could be together. His favorite hobbies included playing music with friends, tinkering with his Land Rover, and working in the gardens at his new home.
He is survived by his mother, Irene Mang; his wife, Cirilina Mendoza Mang; sons, Lucas and Erik; daughter, Rebekah; three sisters, two brothers, and several cousins, nieces, nephews, great-nieces, and great-nephews.
- Rev. Gordon Scott '74
- Homegoing of Muriel Margaret Allinger '40
- Kevin Reece '03 - Wedding Announcement
- Raquel Sanchez Shaffer '03 Welcomes A Baby Boy
- Orlando Suazo '10 Weds Kristen Forsythe '13
- Robert F. Davis '66 and Patricia J. Davis '66
- Rev. Dr. Leo S. Thorn ('73) Received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree
- Homegoing of Dr. William B. Marshall Jr. '46
- Homegoing of Dr. Wade T. Coggins '45
- Homegoing of Vivian Eunice Ellison '48
- Homegoing of June Watson Hunter '51
- Homegoing of Thelma Elaine McGarvey '50
- Homegoing of Rev. T. Robert Brewer '42
- Rebekah April Cockman '01 Weds Ward Reckart
- Homegoing of Rev. Joseph Mahady '57
- Homegoing of Rev. Sidney O. Harris '44
- Homegoing of Loren G. Ingram '59
- Shakeya Britton '12
- Mark Sasse '89
- Homegoing of Charles Droppa '38
- Homegoing of H. Robert Cowles '49
- Homegoing of Allen E. Bisbee '60
- Homegoing of Rev. John L. Stirzaker '41
- Alumni News - Shanna (O'Leary) Miller NC '02
- Alumni News - Dr. Mario O. Barrett NC '99
- Browse Blog Archive>>