THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION LAUNCHES AN ONLINE MASTER'S IN TESOL PROGRAM FALL 2012
50% Tuition Reduction for graduates of the Education Program.
The School of Education at Nyack College announces a new graduate online program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). The program includes three degree tracks. These include:
MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING (M. A. T. / TESOL) 39 credits
Students interested in securing an initial New York State (NYS) initial certificate should apply for the first track (A). This track includes courses in teaching methods, foundational linguistics, research and practical teacher training. This program is specifically designed for people who desire to secure a foundational understanding and practical training in TESOL so that they can attain a NYS initial teaching
MASTER OF SCIENCE (M. S.) IN TESOL (33 Credits)
Students with the initial NYS certificate and desire to secure the additional certificate can follow track (B), which includes courses in teaching methods, foundational linguistics, practical training, and actual research.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN TESOL - NO CERTIFICATION OPTION (30 credits)
For students with no desire to receive NYS certification, there is the final track (C). This track includes courses in teaching methods, foundational linguistics, and practical teacher training. People interested in securing a foundational understanding and practical training in TESOL without the goal of gaining a certificate should investigate this program. This includes teachers, missionaries, NPO workers, and charity facilities that offer TESOL to students who desire to acquire English.
The program is an entirely online degree program, although students who live near the campus may be able to interact with instructors and other students in the School of Education. The course contents will include reading, postings, podcasts, and live sessions. Students will be expected to attend live sessions once a week and complete web conversations throughout each course. Practical training will be coordinated with local teachers and administrators.
COURSE OFFERINGS FOR FALL 2012
EDG 501, 502, 503 - Research (3 cr.)
EDG 505 - Foundations of Education (3 cr.)
EDG 643 - Integrating Technology in Class (3 cr.)
LIN 653 - Grammar & Phonology (3 cr.)
EDG 670 - TESOL Methods & Materials (3 cr.)
EDG 770 - Field Study for Methods & Materials (co-req / EDG 670) (0 cr.)
Interested students should contact:
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- Nyack Alumnus Missionary to Hungary Lauds MS TESOL Program
- MSE Program Celebrates Lovely Hooding Ceremony on May 9, 2014
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates
- Summer Update on State Certification Tests for Graduate Students
- Spring 2013 Master of Science in Special Education Hooding
- Eleisha Dickson, BS-MSEd Graduate, Receives Christian School Teaching Assignment
- THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION LAUNCHES AN ONLINE MASTER'S IN TESOL PROGRAM FALL 2012
- Browse Blog Archive>>