School of Education News
NYC Student Teachers
The Urban Education Center celebrates the sending out of student teachers into the field. Gathered today at the Nyack NYC campus was an excited and energized group of preservice teacher candidates, their field supervisors, and professors who have worked as a team towards the realization of a dream, to student teach in the New York City Public School System. The student teachers will be serving communities in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Nyack School of Education has been a critical force in the public school system since it sent out the first student teacher only ten years ago. In October, over 55 professional teachers gathered for an impromptu alumni brunch to celebrate their Nyack experience, connect with friends and faculty, renew friendships and network. They were able to meet the current student teachers, encourage them, and offer them support in their future teaching endeavors.
The future of the School of Education in NYC lies in the continuation of our efforts to prepare our students to teach in the most challenging and diverse learning environments and support each other beyond the walls of our institution. As we begin a new semester in Childhood Education, we also begin a new phase of our development as a teacher education program reaching out across NYC with our the helping hands of our student teachers.
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Rejuvenating First Departmental Chapel, Fall 2013
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates
- NYSTCE August 2013 Update and Important Information
- Important Announcement About Paper-Based Testing for Some NYSTCE Tests
- Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
- Eleisha Dickson, BS-MSEd Graduate, Receives Christian School Teaching Assignment
- Browse Blog Archive>>