School of Education News
NYC Student Teachers
The Urban Education Center celebrates the sending out of student teachers into the field. Gathered today at the Nyack NYC campus was an excited and energized group of preservice teacher candidates, their field supervisors, and professors who have worked as a team towards the realization of a dream, to student teach in the New York City Public School System. The student teachers will be serving communities in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Nyack School of Education has been a critical force in the public school system since it sent out the first student teacher only ten years ago. In October, over 55 professional teachers gathered for an impromptu alumni brunch to celebrate their Nyack experience, connect with friends and faculty, renew friendships and network. They were able to meet the current student teachers, encourage them, and offer them support in their future teaching endeavors.
The future of the School of Education in NYC lies in the continuation of our efforts to prepare our students to teach in the most challenging and diverse learning environments and support each other beyond the walls of our institution. As we begin a new semester in Childhood Education, we also begin a new phase of our development as a teacher education program reaching out across NYC with our the helping hands of our student teachers.
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Browse Blog Archive>>