School of Education News
Welcome back! The School of Education has a wonderful ministry opportunity right in our backyard! One to One Learning, a program which offers Latino immigrants language instruction, started up on September 13th. Although adults are served, approximately 25 children will be attending. These children need help with homework, reading, or just general academics.
Professor Chris Buel will be supervising the program for the children and would love for you to join her. The sessions meet on Monday and Wednesday evenings in Nyack (by Hook Mountain) from 8pm-9:30pm. A commitment for both nights is not necessary.
If you are a sophomore Childhood Education or TESOL major, you can use the time for required field work. If you are a freshman, you may be able to use this time towards your 30 hour requirement. Juniors and seniors are welcome to volunteer and may be able to work with specific children for projects, etc.
Please email Professor Buel if interested or if you would like to take a tour of One to One Learning. Christine.Buel@Nyack.edu
This is a wonderful opportunity to impact our community and at the same time accomplish your educational goals.
See link for details.
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Rejuvenating First Departmental Chapel, Fall 2013
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates
- NYSTCE August 2013 Update and Important Information
- Important Announcement About Paper-Based Testing for Some NYSTCE Tests
- Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
- Eleisha Dickson, BS-MSEd Graduate, Receives Christian School Teaching Assignment
- Browse Blog Archive>>