School of Education News
Welcome back! The School of Education has a wonderful ministry opportunity right in our backyard! One to One Learning, a program which offers Latino immigrants language instruction, started up on September 13th. Although adults are served, approximately 25 children will be attending. These children need help with homework, reading, or just general academics.
Professor Chris Buel will be supervising the program for the children and would love for you to join her. The sessions meet on Monday and Wednesday evenings in Nyack (by Hook Mountain) from 8pm-9:30pm. A commitment for both nights is not necessary.
If you are a sophomore Childhood Education or TESOL major, you can use the time for required field work. If you are a freshman, you may be able to use this time towards your 30 hour requirement. Juniors and seniors are welcome to volunteer and may be able to work with specific children for projects, etc.
Please email Professor Buel if interested or if you would like to take a tour of One to One Learning. Christine.Buel@Nyack.edu
This is a wonderful opportunity to impact our community and at the same time accomplish your educational goals.
See link for details.
- Dr. Marie White & Class visit the Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit in New York City
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Browse Blog Archive>>