School of Education News
Manhattan Graduation Celebration 2010
Posted by Jamie.Lettre on Thursday May 13, 2010
Yearly, we have the wonderful opportunity to award graduating students for their exemplified excellence throughout their studies. During the annual Graduation Celebration hosted by NYC Student Development, Trina Swindell-Thompson and Jasmine Quaye were honored for their excellence in academics and student teaching. The Manhattan SOE honored Jasmine Quaye with the Apple Award for Academic excellence. She possessed the highest GPA of the graduating seniors, 3.65, garnering her Magna Cum Laude distinction on her Childhood Education degree received May 8, 2010. Likewise, Trina Swindell-Thompson received the Excellence in Teaching award for her exemplary work during student teaching. Comments made by collaborating teachers and supervisors supported Trina's nomination for this honor.
We also salute Melissa-Ann Ramos, who graduated Cum Laude on her Childhood Education degree. Her diligence throughout her studies is affirmed by this honor. All graduates received a School of Education honorary pin citing their dedication to the School of Education principles: Service Academics Leadership Teaching.
School of Education Homepage
- Self-Regulation and the Common Core
- Laura Rodriguez, Former Deputy Chancellor of NYC Department of Education Speaks at the Urban Education Center
- Value and Flexibility of a Nyack School of Education Degree within and beyond the K-12 Classroom
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- Browse Blog Archive>>