School of Education News
2010 Education Awards
Posted by Jamie.Lettre on Thursday April 22, 2010
The School of Education on the Rockland Campus would like to congratulate the following students for receiving the 2010 awards:
Outstanding Collaborator in Methods’ Groupwork. For a junior who is consistently a good teammate, punctual, responsible, and encouraging.
Award granted to: Lauren Ciccarello- TESOL, Caitlin Mosher- Adolescent Education, Stephanie Raybuck- Childhood Education, and Jamila Williams- Early Childhood Education.
OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONALISM IN FIELDWORK:
For the junior who consistently displayed promptness, professional dress, and rapport with the children and cooperating teachers in fieldwork.
Award granted to: Lauren Ciccarrello- TESOL, Sharon Fetters- Adolescent Education, Mariah Howe- Childhood Education, and Shoshanna Rosenberg- Early Childhood Education.
EDUCATOR OF PROMISE:
For the juniors who demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions in methods courses for being an excellent educator in their field.
Award granted to: Rebecca Cypher- Early Childhood Education, Mariah Howe- Childhood Education, Natasha Miller- TESOL, and Jaime Sanchez- Adolescent Education.
AWARD FOR DESIGN, DELIVERY AND CREATIVITY OF INSTRUCTION:
For the junior whose lessons and unit plans are well thought through, interesting/motivating, and presented clearly in class presentations.
Award granted to: Rebecca Cypher- Early Childhood Education, Sharon Fetters- Adolescent Education, Mariah Howe- Childhood Education, and Natasha Miller- TESOL.
EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING:
For the student teachers who address the needs of diverse individuals, demonstrate mastery of pedagogical knowledge (as evidenced by achieving a 3.5 Education GPA), show creativity and innovation in lesson planning and delivery, and receive positive evaluations by college supervisor and cooperating teacher.
Award granted to: Erica Alvarado- Early Childhood Education, Jessica Bridges- Early Childhood Education, Joseph Byrne- Adolescent Education, Samantha Friday- Adolescent Education, Amanda Hankins- Early Childhood Education, Megan Metcalf- Childhood Education, Elizabeth Parish- TESOL, Bethany Riker- Adolescent Education, Bethany Siniscal- Adolescent Education, Elisabeth Smith- Childhood Education, and Annalisa Vasiliauskas- Early Childhood Education.
For the student teacher who most consistently displays overall professionalism, a commitment to excellence, lives a positive Christian witness, demonstrates remarkable teaching capability, and has enthusiasm for the teaching profession.
Award granted to: Amanda Hankins- Early Childhood Education
School of Education Homepage
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Rejuvenating First Departmental Chapel, Fall 2013
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates
- NYSTCE August 2013 Update and Important Information
- Important Announcement About Paper-Based Testing for Some NYSTCE Tests
- Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
- Eleisha Dickson, BS-MSEd Graduate, Receives Christian School Teaching Assignment
- Browse Blog Archive>>