School of Education News
NAEYC Professional Membership Scholarship Winners!
Posted by Jamie.Lettre on Thursday February 18, 2010
The Nyack College School of Education is proud to say congratulations to our NAEYC Professional Membership Scholarship Winners:
Nicole Lebron, Mandy Hankins
Rebecca Cypher, Brittany Freeman, Zakira Whitaker,
Elisabeth Louie, Jamila Williams
Seven of your fellow Nyack College Early Childhood Education majors have been awarded a scholarship for membership in their professional association, NAEYC (National Association of the Education of Young Children). The scholarship, sponsored by the local Palisades chapter (PAEYC), was open to all Rockland county early education majors and required the submission of an application and essay. Recipients were selected based on their commitment to serve young children and families and to professional development in the field of early childhood education.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is dedicated to improving the well-being of all young children, with particular focus on the quality of educational and developmental services for all children from birth through age 8. NAEYC is committed to becoming an increasingly high performing and inclusive organization.
Founded in 1926, NAEYC is the world's largest organization working on behalf of young children with nearly 90,000 members, a national network of over 300 local, state, and regional Affiliates, and a growing global alliance of like-minded organizations. To find out more, go to naeyc.org
School of Education Homepage
- Dr. Marie White & Class visit the Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit in New York City
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Browse Blog Archive>>