School of Education News
SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
SOE Majors Present in CSGE’s Student Research Conference
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement hosted its Third Student Research Conference, Thursday, April 10, on the Rockland campus in Bowman Gym. The theme was “Making a Difference: Contributions from our Disciplines.” Several Education majors presented their research projects, solo or with partners, on a topic in either Education or Science.
Students stood beside their professionally crafted posters and gave oral presentations on the purpose and results of their research project. The projects were truly an asset to the college and a positive reflection on the School of Education as well.
See the titles and photos of their presentations below.
- Bryan Rock, "The Impact of Informed Intervention on Student Performance: An Insight into the Ed TPA"
- Mitchell Woodford, "The Importance of Academic Language in a Child's Education Goes Without Saying"
- Michelle Gonzalez and Trisha Frazer, "Diverse Learning: Education Majors Pursuing Active Integration"
- Grace Anger and Kassie Neumann, "Lifestyle Integration in Education"
- Mitchell Woodford with classmates, "Why Not Phage Therapy?"
- Bethany DeVault and Zachary DeLong, "The Life and Times of a Phage"
- Anel Vicente with classmates, "The Destructive Bulimia Nervosa: A Nutritional and Psychological Research"
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>