School of Education News
Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
“I Wanted to Do It!”
Casting all your cares upon him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
School of Education students worshipped together on Wednesday, March 19, 2014, in the Ed Lab on the Rockland Campus. Their time together was led by Dr. Harrigan who shared about how we try to do things ourselves which causes stress, illness and unhappiness. We need to trust God 100% and “cast our care” upon Him. This is a perfect message for these college students at mid-term.
And that is what the whole purpose of the gathering was – to sit together letting God love us and relax us during the way-too-busy time of midterm projects and exams. Dr. Harrigan had it on his heart to give students a time to let the pressures of school go for an hour and soak in the love of God. He arranged a simple setup in the Ed Lab with low lights, candles on the table, and soothing music. Students had opportunity to worship and meditate, as they visited with their classmates in a peaceful atmosphere.
We are grateful for the students who added much to this time of worship and relaxation. Andrew Vang played instrumental music and Kari Nehlsen led the students in prayer. Students lingered in the Ed Lab after worship concluded for more fellowship, relaxation and snacks. It was truly a time to “cast all your cares upon him, for he cares for you.”
The next day for Time Out for Worship is scheduled for Monday, April 28, 6:00-7:00 pm. It will have the same purpose: to relax in God's love as we take a moment out from our preparations for final projects and exams.
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Browse Blog Archive>>