School of Education News
Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
Dr. Nichols’s EDS 334 class, Literacy Integration in the 7-12 Curriculum, visited the Chestnut Ridge Middle School in February in order to read to school children. Participant Renee Curry shares about their experience.
On February 10th, the Chestnut Ridge Middle School in Spring Valley held its 30th annual Rockland Read-In. The event is a day of continuous reading in the local classrooms in order to encourage young readers. During this time, various members of the community volunteer to donate 15 or 20 minutes of their time to read to a class. Guests were asked to bring an excerpt or selection to share.
Dr. Nichols’ Literacy Integration class was blessed with an invitation to read to these middle school students. Needless to say, we were thrilled. With books in hand, we climbed aboard the Nyack vans and set out for Spring Valley.
It was a wonderful opportunity to share the love of reading with our community as well as a time of growth for us as future educators.
In the photo, from the left, Dr. James Nichols, Gregory Lacombe, Renee Curry, Anatoliy Ivantchouk, Jared Vonderheide, Leandra Yarrell, Craig Jacobs, and Colette Politzer.
- Winner of the 2015 Apple Award - Allie Van Hooker
- Self-Regulation and the Common Core
- Laura Rodriguez, Former Deputy Chancellor of NYC Department of Education Speaks at the Urban Education Center
- Value and Flexibility of a Nyack School of Education Degree within and beyond the K-12 Classroom
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Browse Blog Archive>>