School of Education News
Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
In March 2013, a group of students in the School of Education on the Rockland campus took time out to provide a valuable community service for needy children in Englewood, NJ. The Center for Food Action, a community-based agency founded by Harry Chapin and Bill Ayers, has an outreach called “Weekend Snack Pack Program” which provides healthy snack foods to children who receive free or reduced price school lunches. The snack packs are sent to schools in Bergen County where teachers carefully place snack packs into students’ school bags while students are elsewhere in the building. The students then take the nutritious snacks home to enjoy during the weekend.
The SOE students participating in the community service event assembled 100 snack packs for the program. The packs include nutritious foods such as non-perishable milk, allergen-free cereal, canned fruit, juice box, microwaveable chicken with rice or ravioli, macaroni and cheese, and cereal bar.
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Browse Blog Archive>>