School of Education News
Middle School Spring Classroom Apprenticeship
The Department of Education, NYC, was pleased to announce that 1383 student teachers were registered for the spring 2013. Andre Hayes, Adolescence Education/ English major at the Manhattan campus was chosen as a student teacher placement.
MS-SCA places talented new recruits in intensive classroom-embedded training between March and May 2013. MS-SCA apprentices are guided by a rigorously selected Cooperating Teacher for ten weeks of immersion, while gaining greater familiarity with the needs of middle school learners. Apprentices also attend weekly workshops that build upon their teaching skills. This program is intended to position our future educators to be as successful as possible as classroom teachers in our schools next fall.
In addition to the Teaching Fellows who will be participating in MS-SCA this spring, TRQ received 170 applications (a 35% increase) from traditional teacher candidates for this year’s program; 58 finalists were invited to participate as apprentices.
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Rejuvenating First Departmental Chapel, Fall 2013
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates
- NYSTCE August 2013 Update and Important Information
- Important Announcement About Paper-Based Testing for Some NYSTCE Tests
- Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
- Eleisha Dickson, BS-MSEd Graduate, Receives Christian School Teaching Assignment
- Browse Blog Archive>>