School of Education News
Middle School Spring Classroom Apprenticeship
The Department of Education, NYC, was pleased to announce that 1383 student teachers were registered for the spring 2013. Andre Hayes, Adolescence Education/ English major at the Manhattan campus was chosen as a student teacher placement.
MS-SCA places talented new recruits in intensive classroom-embedded training between March and May 2013. MS-SCA apprentices are guided by a rigorously selected Cooperating Teacher for ten weeks of immersion, while gaining greater familiarity with the needs of middle school learners. Apprentices also attend weekly workshops that build upon their teaching skills. This program is intended to position our future educators to be as successful as possible as classroom teachers in our schools next fall.
In addition to the Teaching Fellows who will be participating in MS-SCA this spring, TRQ received 170 applications (a 35% increase) from traditional teacher candidates for this year’s program; 58 finalists were invited to participate as apprentices.
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Browse Blog Archive>>