School of Education News
National Recognition for Nyack's Early Childhood Education Program
School of Education Dean, Dr. JoAnn Looney announced that national recognition for Nyack College's Early Childhood programs has been extended through 2018 by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Dr. Looney credits Dr. Sherry Jarrett, chair of the Early Childhood Education program and Professor Kristen Luba, Director of Assessment, for a job well done.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children, founded in 1926, is the world's largest advocacy group working on behalf of young children. The mission of the NAEYC has three main goals:
• Improving professional practice and working conditions in early childhood education.
• Supporting early childhood programs by working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education.
• Building a high-performing, inclusive organization of groups and individuals who are committed to promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children.
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Browse Blog Archive>>