School of Education News
Nyack Spotlight: Kevin Earlie
Kevin is a senior at Nyack College majoring in education. His last year at Nyack will be spent student teaching as he progresses towards earning his teaching certificate. Kevin's ultimate goal is to use his teaching degree to get into baseball coaching at the high school level.
Besides the strength of Nyack's academic programs and the Christian environment, the college's baseball program was also one of the reasons that Kevin chose Nyack for his undergraduate studies. From Long Island, Kevin was recruited by the Nyack College baseball program. Throughout his athletic career at Nyack, Kevin has played a variety of positions, but settled into being a starting pitcher by his senior year. Nyack's baseball team is bound for the playoffs in part due to Kevin's 7-4 record and just over 4 ERA. After playing an outstanding season, he received the Jonathan Gainer Sportsmanship Award.
Job well done, Kevin!
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Browse Blog Archive>>