School of Education News
Dr. Jim Nichols, Chair of Adolescence Education, Presents Live Webinars
Dr. Jim Nichols, chair of Adolescence Education, recently presented three live webinars on the topic of Best Practices in Teaching Literacy Integration for the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). His presentations were part of ACSI Nexus, A Transformative Learning Community for Christian Educators.
ACSI cited Dr. Nichols’ extensive background in Academic Literacy in selecting him from all of the Christian teacher education institutions across the country to do these national webinars.
The three, two hour webinars were presented to Christian school teachers throughout the United States, who also received ACSI Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) for successfully completing the six hours of instruction.
Dr. Nichols’ webinars are now available on ACSI Nexus archives for future additional Christian educators to participate.
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Browse Blog Archive>>