School of Education News
Dr. Jim Nichols, Chair of Adolescence Education, Presents Live Webinars
Dr. Jim Nichols, chair of Adolescence Education, recently presented three live webinars on the topic of Best Practices in Teaching Literacy Integration for the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). His presentations were part of ACSI Nexus, A Transformative Learning Community for Christian Educators.
ACSI cited Dr. Nichols’ extensive background in Academic Literacy in selecting him from all of the Christian teacher education institutions across the country to do these national webinars.
The three, two hour webinars were presented to Christian school teachers throughout the United States, who also received ACSI Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) for successfully completing the six hours of instruction.
Dr. Nichols’ webinars are now available on ACSI Nexus archives for future additional Christian educators to participate.
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Rejuvenating First Departmental Chapel, Fall 2013
- The International Educator Website Provides Opportunities and Resources for Interested Teacher Candidates
- NYSTCE August 2013 Update and Important Information
- Important Announcement About Paper-Based Testing for Some NYSTCE Tests
- Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
- Eleisha Dickson, BS-MSEd Graduate, Receives Christian School Teaching Assignment
- Browse Blog Archive>>