Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Prof. McDuffie publishes book
Bradley R McDuffie, Lecturer in English, publishes book entitled Teaching Salinger’s NINE STORIES by New Street Communications.
"In Teaching Salinger’s NINE STORIES, Brad McDuffie has compiled far more than a teaching aide. He provides an examination of Salinger’s Nine Stories that is forensically detailed and thought provoking. Presented in two parts, the first section provides compelling overviews of each story, while the second offers a series of impressive essays contributed by eminent academics. Still, the book’s greatest value may be in its ability to display the interaction between each separate story, revealing Salinger’sNine Stories to be a unified work of art. This achievement is long overdue and is an innovative and invaluable resource."
Kenneth Slawenski, author of J. D. Salinger: A Life
For more information:
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>