Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Kim Huster presents TESOL paper
Dr. Kimberli Huster, Director of ESL, presented a paper at the New York State TESOL Annual Conference on Friday, October 28, in Melville, NY.
Dr. Huster’s paper is entitled “Biliterate Voices: Hmong Women’s Reflections on their U.S. Educational Experiences.” This paper is based on a narrative inquiry study conducted with thirteen Hmong women in a small, private university and will include vignettes of their educational experiences from elementary school through college. Using the words of the women themselves, their stories will elucidate the marginalization of minority populations in the U.S. educational system. Theories will be presented regarding the background of these marginalizing experiences and their effects on literacy and language development.
For more information on the conference: http://nystesol.org/annualconf/
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>