Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Kim Huster presents TESOL paper
Dr. Kimberli Huster, Director of ESL, presented a paper at the New York State TESOL Annual Conference on Friday, October 28, in Melville, NY.
Dr. Huster’s paper is entitled “Biliterate Voices: Hmong Women’s Reflections on their U.S. Educational Experiences.” This paper is based on a narrative inquiry study conducted with thirteen Hmong women in a small, private university and will include vignettes of their educational experiences from elementary school through college. Using the words of the women themselves, their stories will elucidate the marginalization of minority populations in the U.S. educational system. Theories will be presented regarding the background of these marginalizing experiences and their effects on literacy and language development.
For more information on the conference: http://nystesol.org/annualconf/
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>