Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yun presents paper
Dr. Kwi Yun, Professor of Social Work, presented a paper at the 2011 North American Association of Christians in Social Work (NACSW) conference in Pittsburgh, PA. This year’s conference theme was “Renewing Our Hope: Gateways to Change.”
Dr. Yun's paper, entitled “Can you be compassionate and not burned-out?," examined the nature of compassion from both a social science and a Christian perspective, and presents a model for competent and compassionate social practice that reduces burnout among social workers with faith.
Also attedning were three Social Work students from the NYC campus: Solange Delma, Shakeya Britton, and Tanisha Coppin.
For more info: http://www.nacsw.org/Convention/FullWorkshops2011.pdf
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>