Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Kim Huster successfully defends dissertation
Dr. Kimberli Huster, Director of the ESL program at the New York City Campus, successfully defended her dissertation last week at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Entitled, "Suspended between Languages: Biliterate Voices of Hmong Generation 1.5 University Women," Dr. Huster conducted a qualitative study of 13 Hmong Generation 1.5 women with the goal of exploring the educational, social, cultural, and personal experiences that combine to create the situation in which long-term immigrant students who are born in the U.S. and complete all of their education in English arrive in the college classroom while still in the process of learning English.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>