Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Michael Huster publishes paper
Dr. Michael Huster, Chair of the Department of Physics, publishes paper entitled "An Improved Box Theater" in the September 2011 edition of The Physics Teacher Online. This journal publishes papers on the teaching of physics, and on topics such as contemporary physics, applied physics, and the history of physics.
According to Dr. Huster, "The box theater is a pinhole camera obscura made from a box that students put over their heads and shoulders. The aim of this essay is to explain optical systems."
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>