Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses international justice issues
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Christian Scholarship, continued her speaking engagements on matters of international justice.
On September 2, Dr. Balmaceda presented a paper on "The Politics of Truth, Justice and Reconciliation in Latin America" at the 2011 Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the American Political Science Association (APSA). The conference took place on Sept.1-4, in Seattle, WA.
She also participated in the Launching of the International Coalition to Stop Crimes Against Humanity in North Korea (ICNK), which took place on Sept. 7-8 in Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Balmaceda participated as an international human rights expert in representation of the Advocates International Global Council and the Inter-American Federation of Christian Lawyers, which are founding members of the Coalition and where she serves as a board member.
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Browse Blog Archive>>