Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses international justice issues
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Christian Scholarship, continued her speaking engagements on matters of international justice.
On September 2, Dr. Balmaceda presented a paper on "The Politics of Truth, Justice and Reconciliation in Latin America" at the 2011 Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the American Political Science Association (APSA). The conference took place on Sept.1-4, in Seattle, WA.
She also participated in the Launching of the International Coalition to Stop Crimes Against Humanity in North Korea (ICNK), which took place on Sept. 7-8 in Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Balmaceda participated as an international human rights expert in representation of the Advocates International Global Council and the Inter-American Federation of Christian Lawyers, which are founding members of the Coalition and where she serves as a board member.
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>