Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses international justice issues
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Christian Scholarship, continued her speaking engagements on matters of international justice.
On September 2, Dr. Balmaceda presented a paper on "The Politics of Truth, Justice and Reconciliation in Latin America" at the 2011 Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the American Political Science Association (APSA). The conference took place on Sept.1-4, in Seattle, WA.
She also participated in the Launching of the International Coalition to Stop Crimes Against Humanity in North Korea (ICNK), which took place on Sept. 7-8 in Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Balmaceda participated as an international human rights expert in representation of the Advocates International Global Council and the Inter-American Federation of Christian Lawyers, which are founding members of the Coalition and where she serves as a board member.
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Browse Blog Archive>>