Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses international justice issues
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Christian Scholarship, continued her speaking engagements on matters of international justice.
On September 2, Dr. Balmaceda presented a paper on "The Politics of Truth, Justice and Reconciliation in Latin America" at the 2011 Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the American Political Science Association (APSA). The conference took place on Sept.1-4, in Seattle, WA.
She also participated in the Launching of the International Coalition to Stop Crimes Against Humanity in North Korea (ICNK), which took place on Sept. 7-8 in Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Balmaceda participated as an international human rights expert in representation of the Advocates International Global Council and the Inter-American Federation of Christian Lawyers, which are founding members of the Coalition and where she serves as a board member.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>