Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
2011-2012 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat - Part 2
August 26, 2011
Theme: Flourishing as Faculty
Aim: The aim of the 2011-2012 Arts and Sciences retreat is to explore how the exercise of virtues (e.g., creativity, humility, love, and gratitude) in our work as faculty leads to a deeper sense of personal and professional satisfaction for us and our students. Activities include prayer, dialectical lecture, small group sharing, quiet reflection and bookstore browsing
Purpose: To help us to more intentionally build community among the Arts and Sciences faculty.
Speaker: Rev. John J. Cecero, S.J., Ph.D. Associate Professor of Psychology, Fordham University; Licensed Clinical Psychologist, New York and Connecticut; Rector, Fordham Jesuit Community
Place: Stony Point Center, Stony Point, NY
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>