Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys presents papers
Dr. Mayra L. Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, presented “A Pedagogical Model for Integrating Cultural Competence within a Social Justice Framework” at the 2011 International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences.” This work examines intergroup dialogue intervention, an innovative pedagogical model for teaching culturally competence and social justice principles and practices.
Dr. Humphey’s also presented “Hope at the Kitchen Table: Fostering Community Solidarity” at the 2011 International Conference on Spirituality & Social Work. This work provides a framework for addressing the limitations of individualism and the social fragmentation in highly stressed urban area. It also provides strategies, such as agenda swapping, that can promote collaboration and a focus on a shared vision and common values.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>