Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys presents papers
Dr. Mayra L. Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, presented “A Pedagogical Model for Integrating Cultural Competence within a Social Justice Framework” at the 2011 International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences.” This work examines intergroup dialogue intervention, an innovative pedagogical model for teaching culturally competence and social justice principles and practices.
Dr. Humphey’s also presented “Hope at the Kitchen Table: Fostering Community Solidarity” at the 2011 International Conference on Spirituality & Social Work. This work provides a framework for addressing the limitations of individualism and the social fragmentation in highly stressed urban area. It also provides strategies, such as agenda swapping, that can promote collaboration and a focus on a shared vision and common values.
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>