Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Washington honored
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair of the Department of Biology and Chemistry, has been selected to participate in the 2011 Transitions Residency of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM)/National Science Foundation (NSF) Biology Scholars Program. The yearlong Transitions Residency offers its Scholars an opportunity to “transition” from conducting scholarly work in student learning toward research and publications in biology and/or science education venues.
Dr. Washington review of “A Review of Discipline-Based Education Research: A Scientist’s Guide” was also published in the recent Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), volume 12, issue 1 (May 2011).
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>