Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Washington honored
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair of the Department of Biology and Chemistry, has been selected to participate in the 2011 Transitions Residency of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM)/National Science Foundation (NSF) Biology Scholars Program. The yearlong Transitions Residency offers its Scholars an opportunity to “transition” from conducting scholarly work in student learning toward research and publications in biology and/or science education venues.
Dr. Washington review of “A Review of Discipline-Based Education Research: A Scientist’s Guide” was also published in the recent Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), volume 12, issue 1 (May 2011).
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Browse Blog Archive>>