Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Washington honored
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair of the Department of Biology and Chemistry, has been selected to participate in the 2011 Transitions Residency of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM)/National Science Foundation (NSF) Biology Scholars Program. The yearlong Transitions Residency offers its Scholars an opportunity to “transition” from conducting scholarly work in student learning toward research and publications in biology and/or science education venues.
Dr. Washington review of “A Review of Discipline-Based Education Research: A Scientist’s Guide” was also published in the recent Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), volume 12, issue 1 (May 2011).
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Browse Blog Archive>>