Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. James Romaine publishes essay in L’Abarte
Dr. James Romaine, Chair of the Department of Art History, publishes essay entitled “The Legacy of Hans Rookmaaker: ‘So What?’” in L’Abarte, a Portugueselanguage, Brazilian web journal dedicated to issues of Christianity and culture.
The essay proposes that Hans Rookmaaker’s contribution to the field of art history was his insistence art has meaningful content. While other art historians were concerned with issues of style and symbolism, Rookmaaker asked the provocative question “So, What?” What is spiritually at stake in art? A friend of Francis Schaeffer, Rookmaaker was influential on how many American evangelicals approach the visual arts.
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>