Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Mayra L. Lopez-Humphreys edits textbook and presents paper at the Society for Social Work Research
Dr. Mayra L. Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, edited the Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank for Popple and Leighninger’s Social Work, Social Welfare, and American Society, 8th ed., Allyn & Bacon, 2011.
She also co-presented at the Society for Social Work Research. Her paper, entitled “Varied Experiences of Latina Immigrants: Understanding the Role of Sex Perceptions of Discrimination among Dominican Immigration examines the relationship between gender and the reporting of discrimination among Dominican men and women and also tests the effect acculturation has on the reporting of discrimination among Dominican immigrant females.
For more information on the presentation: http://sswr.confex.com/sswr/2011/webprogram/Paper15178.html
In addition to her scholarly work, Dr. Lopez-Humphreys recently facilitated a workshop at the Urban Youth Workers Institute. The workshop, “Moving from Youth Ministry to Community Transformation” presents the Christian Community Development Association’s biblical approach to restoring urban communities that works to create healthy neighborhoods where youth and their families can thrive.
For more information on the CCDA’s Eight Components of Christian Community Development: http://www.ccda.org/philosophy
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>