Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Elaine Lux publishes essays in American and French journals
Dr. Elaine Lux, Professor of English, publishes essay entitled “Holistic Spirituality in Gail Godwin’s Life and Fiction: Father Melancholy’s Daughter, The Good Husband, and Evensong” in Revue Electronique D’Etudes Sur Le Monde Anglophone.
Gail Godwin is an American born novelist whose writings often reflected on female spirituality. Drawing principally upon Godwin’s fiction and words about her writing and spiritual life, this article focuses on the thoughtful, holistic way Godwin deals with feminine and universal aspects of the female spiritual journey; it interweaves discussion of Godwin’s own spirituality with that of the two protagonists in her seminal novels of spiritual-emphasis: Margaret Gower (Bonner), from Father Melancholy’s Daughter and Evensong, and Magda Danvers, from The Good Husband.
To read the article : http://erea.revues.org/1579#tocto1n6
Dr. Lux also recently co-authored “The View from Rensselaerville: Going to the Keep-Mills Residency 2010” in All About Mentoring: A Publication of SUNY Empire State College.
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>