Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Elaine Lux publishes essays in American and French journals
Dr. Elaine Lux, Professor of English, publishes essay entitled “Holistic Spirituality in Gail Godwin’s Life and Fiction: Father Melancholy’s Daughter, The Good Husband, and Evensong” in Revue Electronique D’Etudes Sur Le Monde Anglophone.
Gail Godwin is an American born novelist whose writings often reflected on female spirituality. Drawing principally upon Godwin’s fiction and words about her writing and spiritual life, this article focuses on the thoughtful, holistic way Godwin deals with feminine and universal aspects of the female spiritual journey; it interweaves discussion of Godwin’s own spirituality with that of the two protagonists in her seminal novels of spiritual-emphasis: Margaret Gower (Bonner), from Father Melancholy’s Daughter and Evensong, and Magda Danvers, from The Good Husband.
To read the article : http://erea.revues.org/1579#tocto1n6
Dr. Lux also recently co-authored “The View from Rensselaerville: Going to the Keep-Mills Residency 2010” in All About Mentoring: A Publication of SUNY Empire State College.
- Dr. Poston examines essays on Ron Sider
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>