Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Larry Poston presents paper at the Northeast Region of the Evangelical Theological Society
Dr. Larry Poston, Chair of the Department of Religion, presented at the annual meeting of the Northeast Region of the Evangelical Theological Society. Co-presenting with Dr. Poston was Audrey Watne, Nyack College Alumnus and current Program Assistant at the Center for Human Rights and Global Justice at New York University.
Dr. Poston and Watne’s paper is entitled “The Hand of Terrible Tenderness: Wounding in Order to Heal.” This year’s conference theme was A Theology of Disability and Suffering.
The paper developed a macro-level theology of suffering rooted in the revelations of the Minor Prophets and showing how these concepts have been continued in the New Covenant as well. These precepts were then be applied to the situation that exists in the Middle East today, with specific reference to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
For more information on the conference:
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>