Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Larry Poston presents paper at the Northeast Region of the Evangelical Theological Society
Dr. Larry Poston, Chair of the Department of Religion, presented at the annual meeting of the Northeast Region of the Evangelical Theological Society. Co-presenting with Dr. Poston was Audrey Watne, Nyack College Alumnus and current Program Assistant at the Center for Human Rights and Global Justice at New York University.
Dr. Poston and Watne’s paper is entitled “The Hand of Terrible Tenderness: Wounding in Order to Heal.” This year’s conference theme was A Theology of Disability and Suffering.
The paper developed a macro-level theology of suffering rooted in the revelations of the Minor Prophets and showing how these concepts have been continued in the New Covenant as well. These precepts were then be applied to the situation that exists in the Middle East today, with specific reference to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
For more information on the conference:
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Browse Blog Archive>>