Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Poet Donald Junkins reads from his recent collection entitled Swans Island Buoys and Other Lines.
Nyack College is pleased to welcome Donald Junkins back to the hillside for a reading on April 6, in The Presidents Hall at 7:30 pm. Mr. Junkins will be reading from his most recent collection Swans Island Buoys and Other Lines, in addition to some of his other books of poetry.
Junkins is a former professor at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and Director of the Master of Fine Arts program in English. He has published eleven collections of poetry including Crossing by Ferry, Playing for Keeps, Journey to the Corrida, Late at Night in the Rowboat, and his most recent book, Swans Island Buoys: and Other Lines. He won three National Endowment for the Arts awards and a grand prize for poems published in New Letters.
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>