Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr's recent book engages in a comparative study of corporate worship
Recently published by Wipf and Stock, Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, engages in a comparative study of Catholic, Evangelical, and Orthodox teachings on corporate worship and suggests classic practices that help deepen the understanding and experience of worship.
"All Christians worship God, but they do so in mystifyingly different ways, in a variety of languages, liturgies, theologies, ecclesiologies, and pieties. By examining the worship patterns of Catholic, Evangelical, and Orthodox communities of faith, this comparative study helps us to see the unity that marks the universal Body of Christ scattered throughout time as well as space. It also allows us to consider with candor the distinctive traits of these major faith families and the numerous demarcations within each. A welcome addition to the growing literature on worship!"
Dr. Timothy George
Founding Dean, Beeson Divinity School
For more information:
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>