Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr's recent book engages in a comparative study of corporate worship
Recently published by Wipf and Stock, Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, engages in a comparative study of Catholic, Evangelical, and Orthodox teachings on corporate worship and suggests classic practices that help deepen the understanding and experience of worship.
"All Christians worship God, but they do so in mystifyingly different ways, in a variety of languages, liturgies, theologies, ecclesiologies, and pieties. By examining the worship patterns of Catholic, Evangelical, and Orthodox communities of faith, this comparative study helps us to see the unity that marks the universal Body of Christ scattered throughout time as well as space. It also allows us to consider with candor the distinctive traits of these major faith families and the numerous demarcations within each. A welcome addition to the growing literature on worship!"
Dr. Timothy George
Founding Dean, Beeson Divinity School
For more information:
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>