Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Jacqueline Washington co-edits book and selected to leadership positions with the American Society for Microbiology
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair of the Department of Biology and Chemistry, co-edited the newly released 9th edition of the Student Interactive Workbook for Starr/McMillan’s Human Biology published by Cengage Publishing, March 2011.
In addition to being elected to the Editorial Board of the Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE) as a Reviewer, Dr. Washington has also been selected to participate in the 2011-2012 Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency. As a participant, she will attend the Transitions Institute “From Science Education Research to Publication” at the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) headquarters office in Washington, DC.
For more information on the American Society for Microbiology: http://www.asm.org.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>